How to Discharge Batteries
Increase performance and the life of your batteries with proper care.
Difficulty Level: Medium Time Required: 15 minutes
- Construct a discharge device by attaching two wires to an automotive tail light bulb.
- When you are done running your boat, attach the discharge device to your battery pack.
- Watch the bulb, when it starts to go dim, remove it from your battery pack.
- Ideally, you should only use your battery pack once per day, if this is not possible, make sure it is fully cooled before charging it again.
- Always discharge your batteries after use.
- Never charge your batteries if they are still warm from a previous use.